Terms & Conditions (Ts and Cs)
1.A contract is made and booking confirmed between Arctic Beaver (“the agent”) and the named person signing the booking confirmation and T's and C's form ( “the group leader”) when payment has been received and funds cleared into the supplied bank account and the booking confirmation and T's and C's form has been signed and returned to the agent.
The agent acts as an intermediary between the group leader and the company operating the rental property in resort (“the operator”). The below terms and conditions are presented by Arctic Beaver on behalf of the operator.
2. The group leader is responsible on behalf of all other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking.
3. “The group” refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation. The group includes any change of names to the original booking.
4. If at any time prior to the stay the group leader pulls out of the booking, the agent must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader and a new booking confirmation and T's and C's form must be signed by a new group leader and returned to the agent before embarking on the holiday.
5. Where payment is being received by instalments via the group leader, the booking is not completed until final payment is received on the agreed date. If any payment is not received on the agreed date/s the agent has an automatic right to terminate the booking. All monies received by way of instalment to the date of failure to pay any instalment will be refundable at the agent's discretion.
6. In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the agent within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday in less than 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking.
7. The agent guarantees the sterling price of the holiday as quoted at the time of booking. However if payment is made in foreign currency, we reserve the right to ask for payment of additional sums in sterling to cover any fluctuation in currency exchange.
8. The agent reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time.
9. Cancellations must be notified to the agent by the group leader as soon as possible either by email or phone. Refunds will be at the agent's discretion and will be subject to a £30 administration fee. The agent will endeavour to find a replacement booking, in which case payment may be returned to the group leader in full. (Unless the price of the holiday had to be reduced in order to resell it – in this instance the amount refunded will be minus the difference/reduction.)
10. Due to circumstances beyond the agents control, i.e. problems with the accommodation, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst the agent will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable the agent will contact the group leader as soon as possible. In this instance the agent will:
a) endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available, or if the group leader prefers;
b) offer a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation
In the event that no alternative arrangements can be made a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation will be made. No other compensation will be offered.
11. Any loss or damage wheresoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or members of the group to the accommodation and/or building and/or common parts must be paid in full. Costs will be deducted from the damage deposit held and if the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance then returned to the group leader within 14 days of the departure date.
12. It is up to the group leader to ensure that the accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case an additional charge for cleaning time will be deducted from the £200 - £500 damage deposit. If the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance will then be returned to the group leader within 14 days of departure.
13. Any damage caused to the accommodation and/or building and/or common parts resulting in an excess over and above the damage deposit held, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to the agent by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group's departure from the accommodation.
14. The agent has the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is such that it is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
15. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
16. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure howsoever or wheresoever arising.
17. The agent does not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for, but not limited to:
a) any event which the agent could not foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions and fire;
b) any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides and snow conditions and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities;
c) limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski school or ski hire operators;
d) travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
18. The agent does not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their duration of stay in the accommodation. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder is to be governed by English Jurisdiction.
19. A person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Contract provided always this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
20. For safety & insurance purposes the agent has a no-smoking policy in the accommodation.
21. For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the T's and C's prevail.
22. Complaints and problems – in the unlikely event of any problems occurring during your holiday a complaint must be made immediately to the agent point of contact – Sarah Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org before departure from Chamonix and confirmed in writing to the same email address within 14 days following completion of the holiday. Complaints can only be considered when this procedure has been followed.